Your search results
Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions (GTC) for using the short-term housing platform on housinganywhere.com
Article 1: Scope, amendment of General Terms and Conditions
- The General Terms and Conditions (GTC) below apply to the use of the platform www.jumpsure.com (also:“platform1) This is a service of searching for accommodations and paying rent online.
- “Users within the sense of these General Terms and Conditions are natural and legal persons who have either posted an advertisement of an accommodation on the platform or responded to an advertisement of an accommodation.
- Customers of Jumpsure are educational institutions. They subscribe to a membership on the platform In order to offer this platform as a housing option to non citizens in America.
- Jumpsure offers the usage of its platform, in particular the use of the database, solely on the basis of these General Terms and Conditions.
- By using our services, users consent to the validity of these General Terms and Conditions.
- By using our services, users confirm that they oblige the national laws and obligations of their country with respect to renting and subletting.
- Jumpsure reserves the right to amend its General Terms and Conditions effective for the future. The amendments will not become part of the agreement until the user consents to such amendments. It is sufficient for this purpose that Jumpsure sends the new version of the General Terms and Conditions to the e-mail address that the user provided for information purposes. If the user does not contradict the amendments to the General Terms and Conditions within one week, consent will be considered to have been granted.
- Conflicting terms and conditions of the user have no effect (point 2.5 notwithstanding), even if Jumpsure does not contradict them.
Article 2: Performance by Jumpsure, performance by providers
- The platform is an online market place on which users can offer and rent rooms or other types of
- On www.jumpsur..com. Jumpsur. provides a platform on WhiCh users can ñnd ways to communicate with
each other and conclude agreements. Jumpsure Itself does not offer any accommodation; it merely acts as an Intermediary for the conclusion of agreements between users.
- Iumpsure emphasizes that the use of a lease contract between provider and tenant Is highly recommended. Based on the Importance that Jumpsure puts on the use of a lease, she offers provider and tenant a predrafted lease contract. By offering an accommodation on Jumpsure provider agrees with the application of Jumpsures predrafted lease contract, unless provider explicitly declares that a different lease contract is applicable and tnant agrees with this different ease contract. Jumpsure only offers the pr.draft.d lease contract by mans of a favor to users. The applicability of th. lease contract remains an own choice of tenant and provider. Jumpsure can therefore never be held responsible for any shortcomings in the predrafted lease contract, or any damages following from the use of the predrafted lease contract.
- Leases are concluded exclusively between the user providing the accommodation (“provider”) and the user renting th, accommodation (“tenant”). Jumpsure itself is not a party to the leases concluded between the website’s users. However. Jumpsure Is entitled to act as a representative for the provider with the authority to conclude agreements and to conclude agreements on his/her behalf. However, the provider and the tenants are themselves responsible for satisfying their i contractual obligations. In the event of default, this must be negotiated between the users. iumpsure saves and will transmit the contact data of both parties for this purpose.
- Jumpsure does not examine the legality, accuracy or completeness of offers published on the platform or user content, and these do not represent the views of Jumpsure. Jumpsure is not responsible for third-party offerings or content.
- ProvIders can apply their own terms and conditions to the accommodation they are renting that do not affect the General Terms and Conditions of Jumpsur..
- ProvIders and tenants are responsible for their adherence to the provisions governed by public law, Including municipal codes regarding property rental
- Providers are responsible for the permission of their landlord in the case of sublease.
- Providers are responsible for the arrangement of all required documents to rent out the apartment, l’hese documents include, but are not limited to. licenses to (sub)rent from the landlord or municipality, (sub)rental contracts.
- By agreeing to these General Terms and Conditions (GTC). provider states that he/she has permission by the landlord (private, agent or housing cooperation) to rent out the room/property, as depicted under 8; has arranged all required documents, as depicted under 9 and has, If applicable, Informed his/her roommates.
Article 3: Registration, realisation of the user agreement, contractual declarations
- The registration of users is required In order to make use of Jumpsure. Providers register when putting their room online. Tenants register when replying to a room. Registration is free of charge and requires that users accept iurnpsure’s General Terms and Conditions. The user agreement between Jumpsure and the user arises on acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Registration is available only to natural persons, legal persons and partnerships that are fully legally competent. The registration of a legal person or partnership may be performed only by a natural person with power of representation who must be named. When registering, only individual persons may be given as the owner of the user account (i.e. no married couples or families).
- Registration as a provider is available only to people with an activated student email-account, people in possession of a coupon/code provided by Jumpsure or an activated landlord account.
- When registering, the user undertakes to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete information as required by the registration form, in particular first and last name, current address (not a P0 box), a valid e-mail address and, where appropriate, the name of the company and an authorised representative. The data must be up-to-date and correct at all times. Multiple registrations under different member names are prohibited. When registering, the user chooses a password to accompany his/her email address.
- The user can receive contractual declarations at his/her stated e-mail address.
Article 4: User oligations, user account, system integrity
- The user Is solely responsible for all content that he places on the platform. In his/her relationship to Housing Anywhere, he commits not to place Illegal content on the platform and to refrain from actions that violate laws.
- The provider Is responsible for ensuring that the accommodation he otters Is described correctly and completely. He must provide the information In Housing Anywhere’s required fields at a minimum so that the accommodation and the offer are described with sufficient accuracy.
In addition, the provider is free to stipulate further conditions such as the amount of any deposit, the cost of final cleaning, etc. The user undertakes to keep the information in his/her user account up-to-date and accurate at all times, i.e. to correct it immediately in the event of a change or delete the room from the platform in case tenant and provider have agreed on rental. A user account is personal and can therefore not be transferred to any other person.
- The user undertakes to use his/her user account himself only and to keep his/her password secret.
- The user is liable to Housing Anywhere for all actions performed using his/her user account, unless the user is not responsible for the misuse of his/her user account
- Once the user Is aware that third parties have access to his/her user data or have otherwise gained access to his/her user account, he must notify Housing Anywhere of this immediately. Housing Anywhere is entitled to then block the user account until the situation has been clarified.
- Each user must independently verify the Identity of his/her respective contract partner (the tenant In case of the provider or the provider in case of the tnant). Housing Anywhere accepts no liability for th accuracy of the user contact information entered on the platform.
- The user undertakes to set up his/her systems and programs in connection with the use of Housing Anywhere offering in a way that ensures that the security, integrity and availability of systems set up by Housing